Today is the first day of my school’s Spring break. I’m off until April 7th. Now is when I have to stop thinking and talking about all the great stuff I’m going to get done over the break and start actually doing it. So here’s my Spring break checklist:
- Get my “fundraise” Rails app into presentable shape and deploy it to Heroku
- Create a Sinatra app that utilizes either the Twitter or 4Squre API (OR a Rails app that catalogs, retrieves, and displays photo image files based on their embedded EXIF data)
- Start writing tests using Rspec for everything!
- Finish reading Eloquent Ruby
- Finish reading Pragmatic Thinking & Learning
- Finish my income taxes (Always sucks. Times a million when you owe like my sorry ass.)
Yeah. That’s it.
And of course blogging about my progress along the way. (I’ll try to keep the cursing to a minimum.)
“Getting good at something means going through various periods of being not-good, during which you tend to feel dumb, clueless, incompetent.” - Erika Andersen, Forbes